I'm Gonna Be a Working Girl!

Hooray! I've been offered a job! It will have been 8 months of unemployment for me, come this Friday. How weird to say and read that! Being a stay-at-home mom has been very rewarding and beneficial to both my girls and myself. It's had its stressful moments, but I can thank my calm, cool and collected hubby for getting me through the rough patches. The great news is that the new job is part-time, so I won't have to sacrifice loads of time for work and neglect my kids in the process.

I will begin working on Monday of next week and I couldn't be more pleased. Today, I started prepping myself for the earlier wake-up time, along with the kids. They will have to be dropped off and I'm truly grateful for my competent friends. Some years ago, I would have shelled out loads of money for daycare just because I couldn't rely on my so called "friends" to help me the way I needed them to. I've discovered that those who have similar parenting styles to my own are much more reliable. The neighbor who lets her kids do whatever they want is not the one I want shuttling my kids to school. Yeesh!

Something else I've been doing; working on me. I had so much stress with my last job that I really didn't take out enough time for myself. It's hard to do when your a mother. So much of your life is devoted to sacrificing. In fact, that is what I began to feel like my purpose in life was to do; sacrifice everything for everyone elses happiness. Not so. The trick will be incorporating the new things that I've learned, while still taking on a new job.

Nervousness doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling. It's been so long since I've worked. Can I go in and master things without having to reteach myself the tools of the trade? The people in the environment; are they going to be kind and welcoming or feel the need to test me? Will I be able to do everything without feeling overwhelmed? I will, at some point, need a uniform for my job. This is terrific since I haven't worked in a regular office setting in years. I told my hubby that I probably have four outfits that fit (I'm not even sure about that..) and I'll need to be in business/professional until the uniform comes. I've lived in the land of sweat and yoga pants for far too long.

My health and weight are not where I want them to be, but I'm working on it. I've been working out the entire time I've been at home; however, there hasn't been much weight lost. I feel stronger and I've got more stamina but the holidays were deadly. I'll be working on my eating a bit more in the coming weeks. Part of that is getting to the root of the issues in a completely different way. I've identified my weaknesses (I did that when I was on the HCG in 2009), but I didn't deal with them completely. The major stress that came about just pushed me into a spiral of weight gain.  I'm coming from a different place now and I'm very optimistic about how I'll handle each of those stressful times when they arise. It's a battle I plan to win.

Finally, I'm planning my 20 year vacation celebration with my best friend. It's so exciting! When she came out to visit last September, we narrowed down the location and dates. I called her today and we talked about some of the places where we'd like to stay. The trip isn't until September and we commented on how hard it's going to be to wait until nearly the end of the year to go. By the time we do, I know I'll be in need of some sandy beaches. I'm also hopeful that I'll be fit enough to brave my monokini again...and with even more pride than the last time.

Philosphy: Sweet Nectar & Sandalwood body Lotion
The winter months are murder on my hands! I found a lotion that I simply adore and it keeps the ash at bay. Sadly, it is no longer available (unless you get lucky enough to find it on discount somewhere or on eBay). We bought our bottles for $6.99 at Ulta, marked down from twenty-four. 



Reply to this post

Post a Comment