Over the Weather

We've endured temps in the teens, single-digits and now the negatives this winter. I'm really, really looking forward to spring. The buds on some plants are already visible, but I worry that these cold temps are doing damage. God always has a plan though, right?

I've been working out at a gym. A gym! It's literally been years since I have. When I did, I would go at lunch time to the gym just downstairs from my work. I was in great shape and won a contest they had for most time spent working out; round trip tickets anywhere JetBlue flies. It was awesome! There's no contest at stake this time, accept for maybe the one I have for myself.

There's a picture I found of me and my hubby together. We weren't married at the time, but he had just picked me up for our Valentine's day weekend together. This was sixteen years ago and I still have the dress. I would love to be able to wear it (comfortably) and take a picture by that time. My hopes and possibly my expectations are a bit high. It's good to shoot for a goal.

I calculated that I've been unemployed for seven months. It makes my head spin to think about it. I've had some job or another since I was thirteen and now I'm doing exactly what I'd hope to do (but that was when my babies were really small). Better late than never, I suppose. I've been diligently job hunting for part-time work but you wouldn't believe the hours! My guess is that they're looking for single individuals or those who exist only to work. What kind of shift is 5:00pm to 12:00am anyway? If you really have to have work it's probable that you could make that shift work. For me, it's just not an option. If I could find something that allowed me to still see about my children, while simultaneously paying me what I'm worth (oh, and allowing for a job that's not only creatively viable but also worthwhile), I would be very happy. Is it out there? Yes. It just hasn't reared its head yet. I'm waiting for you!

A source of income soon would be great. This is the year I'm planning for my great adventure with my best friend. We've already chosen the where, I just have to come up with the next two to three thousand dollars for the trip. I was stashing away money very nicely while I was working but I hadn't reached my goal before I quit my job. No complaints. I recently heard that I got out in the nick of time. So many of my former colleagues are disenchanted with all the new policies and completely stressed out by management's expectations.

So, it's off to take my youngest to school. A thought to ponder:


When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.

2 comments

Dee | January 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Congrats on your new blog!
I hope you enjoy the time you have. The perfect opportunity could present itself before you know it.

(GC here)

Enchantress | January 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Hey, GC! :) I really am enjoying the time off (not without it's fair share of guilt, though). Both girls are carrying straight A's. I'd like to think my being home is contributing to this. I'm hopeful that your foresight is correct. I'm looking for the perfect opportunity for sure!

Post a Comment