Time to Re-calibrate Part 2

(continued from yesterday)

Image result for roscoe's chicken and waffles
The first full day of vacation, we got to Uber over to the towing company to pick up our car. This was my family's first Uber ride! (I've done Uber before, but with friends).  The impound was around $300 and was promptly refunded by the management company for our Airbnb.  I hadn't eaten since lunch the day before so I was famished! I found the closest Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles and headed over.
Image result for crystal cathedral
It had been years since I'd had anything of theirs and I was too excited. Our food came fast and we shared items from each of our plates. Although it was good, it wasn't great and my family insisted my chicken was/is better (juicy and more flavorful). Wow! I suppose I'm in the wrong line of work.

After breakfast, we found some stores and did a bit of shopping for snacks to keep at the condo. We found a Grocery Outlet (one of my hubby's favorites) and loaded up on goodies. We were also pleased to find lovely wine choices at their location.
Image result for lucille's smokehouse bar-b-que locations
That evening, we headed over to the Outlets at Orange and explored the stores and restaurants. We decided that, at some point, we'd hit up Dave and Buster's with our girls. (We actually spent a couple of nights there playing games for hours).

Other activities: the Crystal Cathedral, the Guo Pei:Couture Beyond exhibit at the Bower's Museum, Newport Beach, swimming at the condo, Lucille's Smokehouse Bar-B-Que (this place is amazing!!), shopping, The Orange County and Santa Ana Zoos as well as general relaxation around the condo.

When we returned, we had a full weekend to get back into the swing of things; however, I was still struggling with some residual depression over not having my hubby around. All I could think of was the month full of over time he would be working. June was tough. In fact, the entire year has been a struggle for me. I haven't really pin pointed why but, I'm definitely having more challenge-days than good ones.

Meanwhile, I've kept up with my workouts and even worked out on vacation. The problem is that my eating habits from vacation haven't gone away. I had a week or two of "okay" menus, then back to my carbohydrate-happiness vacation free-for-all. It's got to stop because my clothes are getting uncomfortable and I know it does nothing for my mental well-being. Consistency and moderation are definitely what keep me at my best.

Just today, I read an article about the medication I take. One doctor commented on how ineffective it is, based on your milligrams of carbohydrate consumption. Of course, this is a no-brainer but, seeing the numbers in black and white was mind blowing. I've done quite well today, as a result and hope that this "clarity of mind" continues. My next biannual appointment is in a few weeks. I know I won't be lower than I was last year, but I'd at least like to be in good standing.

Re-calibration is much easier than it's ever been in my life. Is it the knowledge that my livelihood is as stake? Maybe it's the fact that I've become more practical and don't want to purchase a bigger wardrobe. Maybe it's the knowledge and understanding I now have of my own body and state-of-mind. Whatever it is, I'm glad I don't struggle with it as much as in years past. Onward!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment