Froggy, Froggy, Froggy

My eldest is dissecting frogs in her seventh grade class. She started with the external parts today. I was there to assist and boy and boy is her class a rowdy bunch. I don't mean to say that they are unruly, just incredibly vocal. The girls are also a lot more delicate than I remember my friends being in Junior High. Some were insistent that they not touch the frogs at all.

From my days of dissection, the lab smelled of incredibly strong formaldehyde. The frogs were also fairly small. Today, I could barely smell anything and the frogs were huge! I'm guessing they're bred to be a bit larger for ease in detecting their parts. It was quite a sight.

Aside from frogs, I also helped out my youngest daughter's first grade class. I do so every Wednesday. Each child has the opportunity to take a book home everyday. All she/he has to do is read it three times, then have a guardian sign a sheet and return the book to school. With each book, the vocabulary words are a bit more challenging. My job is to cycle out the books for those students who returned theirs. Today, nearly twenty students returned their books.

The teacher has a reward system, of course, and let me know that this is the first year that students have been really good about turning the books around. My own child expects that we'll read hers at night before bedtime. I'm so happy that she's turned out to be a super reader like her big sister.

This is what's on the menu for tonight: http://savour-fare.com/2010/04/28/chicken-curry/
I've made it a few times, pairing it up with Basmati Rice and Naan. It's been a wonderful dish to add to my rotation and I'm eager to learn how to prepare more Indian dishes.

And my thought for the day...

Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.

2 comments

Dee | January 18, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I remember that horrible smell!

Anyway, the chicken curry looks awesome. I've used a recipe that called for apples, raisins, and sprinkled the finished product with cashews. It was a winner with my sweet-toothed husband.

I like that she suggests already-roasted chicken.It's a great way to use up leftovers without any hint of what it used to be!

Enchantress | February 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Your recipe sounds divine! Do you mind sharing? :)

Post a Comment