Am I Ready?

The training is complete and the lady I'm replacing will be heading off to her new job next Tuesday. I'll be on my own after four, ten hour days with her. Not sure if I feel confident enough, but I think I'm ready. The boss is very nice, experienced and devoted to his crew. The crew (the ones I've met) are hard working, loyal and diligent. Most of them work two to three other jobs, if their not in school. I give firefighters the utmost respect but even more so after learning a bit more about them.

I scheduled a physical for the first part of March. Initially, I wanted to see my OBGYN, but he doesn't have any openings until April. Yeesh! The physical is needed because it's time, but also because I'm beginning to wonder if the early parts of menopause haven't set in with me. I have hot flashes at night (primarily), with the dieting and exercise I was doing, I hardly lost any weight, my mood shifts on a dime and I'm not feeling balanced. If it's not menopause sneaking in, perhaps it's my thyroid. Either way, I'm going to have a heart-to-heart with my family practitioner. I hope he'll have good information/advice for me when I do.

We had our first dinner party in our new apartment, last night. My girlfriend, her husband and their two kids came. Hubby made chili, I made hotdogs for the kids and pecan pie for desert. It was very nice, but also very cramped. It really made me miss having a house with space to move. We were all sort of cloistered in the kitchen, living room area. The younger kids were in Indy's room and my eldest was under foot (no longer a little kid, but not quite an adult). They were here for about three hours and I really had a good time. I look forward to doing more girl nights but will opt for some sort of babysitting when I do.

My new plan was supposed to start late next week but I'm holding off until I see the doctor. I would be utterly bummed if I got going and saw no results again. I need to have this extra twenty gone from me and soon. Normally, I get going and it comes off pretty steadily. This hormonal whatever I'm dealing with needs to be resolved first.

Reply to this post

Post a Comment