Losing Our Hero - Black Panther

 Black Panther | Creators, Origin, Stories, & Film | Britannica


It's late and I should be in bed, but my heart is heavy. My youngest (14 years old) was sobbing uncontrollably and I didn't know why. My eldest informed me of what happened and we double-checked online (rumors about celebrity deaths are common place...I prayed it was a rumor. It wasn't). 

I asked my youngest to communicate her hurt.

"Why are you upset? I need you to talk to me about what you're feeling. "

"I'm so sad because he didn't tell anybody!"

I let her know that he passed with his wife and family by his side. They knew and they were the ones that should know. The rest of us being kept in the dark was a good thing.

"Do you know what the media would have done to him if they'd known? They would have been up in his face, constantly...asking about his diagnosis, the treatment, what his plans were. I'm sure he didn't want any of that." She agreed.

I told her that we have to remember what he shared with us; his great talent. He brought an amazing hero to life and inspired so many people. We have to remember what he gave us and use that as an example of what we should be doing; sharing our gifts.  She agreed. 

It's humbling and heart breaking when someone so young is lost (he was only two years younger than me). For my daughter, this was a larger-than-life figure that meant the world to her. My heart aches for her but I know that his legacy will always live on in her life.

 I'm glad that he is no longer in pain and I hope that he finds peace and comfort in the hereafter. 

*Wakanda Forever*

Reply to this post

Post a Comment