Getting Prepared for Spring

It's been two years since I purchased Easter dresses for my girls. We've been attending a non-denominational church for the past year that isn't "dress code" enforced like your typical southern churches. We went to church in jeans and it was a little weird, but the service was lovely. I plan to attend our regular, Baptist church this year and have already started making plans for our "look". Is that weird?

I guess I started to think about the fact that my youngest won't be a little one for much longer. She still embraces princesses, their grace and their beauty. I opted for pink and then gave her choices. Here's what she chose:


She's tried it on twice already and absolutely loves it! It seems to have brightened her whole perception and has gotten her thinking about spring. She's really going to rock this dress. My dress, as well as her sisters, is also pink. I'm hopeful that dad will find a tie that pays tribute to our color choice, but still gives some masculinity. Real men wear pink anyway, right?

I've been doing really well with my health and have been happy with how I've been doing. My goal is to get off just a few more pounds and enjoy where I am. It's been quite the learning experience with going low-carb and making new choices, when it comes to my eating habits. The girls have been helpful but sometimes forget. The good news for them is that they've been sucking down the water like little plants. I've seen so many improvements. Good for them!

Back to the church process, I'm so proud of my hubby and his committment to be more of the spiritual leader in our household. It's a little strange for me to give up the reigns, but I've only held them because he's been unavailable. Now, he's participating in service, volunteering to do jobs and seeking out the small-group study sessions. He's even asked to lead our home bible studies! It's wonderful and I'll take whatever I can get. Our relationship is so much better when he's in touch with his spiritual side. Amen!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment