Working Out and Vacation Dreaming

Recovery time is just about over. I experience a little bit of back soreness every now and again but, other than that, I'm feeling great! To think; no more periods. It's been so wonderful! I gave all of my sanitary napkins to my daughter. Now, she'll be the only one I purchase those for (until the youngest one comes of age).

I started back at the gym last week and boy has it been tough. I didn't go every day, but the goal is to try and fit in at least three workouts per week. I'm also trying to include outdoor activities with the kids. We found a beautiful, three mile (paved) trail to walk. There's a bit of wildlife and also a reservoir. I told my youngest that we would try to tackle it at least once per week. The poor thing was quite out of breath (we only walked a little over one mile). I let her know that, being the youngest, she should have showed us up. We'll get there together.  She's eager to be a healthier kid.

Vacation time is coming. Hubby has me on a plan until then, but we sort of fell off the wagon by having a very tasty, Pomegranate martini last night. Delish! I had a monster headache and he fed me humus and chips. It was very sweet. He indicated that my body was looking for salt and fat. So be it, I'm just glad it worked. What I'm eating isn't very exciting, but I can honestly say that I get tired of food quickly.

The vacation is just a few hours drive away and I'm eager to spend some quality time with my MIA hubby. We've booked several days at the Worldmark resort in Nevada, then an additional night at the Hilton Grand. The girls haven't done Vegas in a touristy way since they were very little. I'm confident that we'll all have a blast and the memories will stick this time.

I've been tossing around the idea of going on my "diet" again. With a new job and more stable circumstances, I really feel that I could maintain (like I did the first go around). If I do, I'll document on the other page, but definitely keep life and health information posted here. It's something I'll do after vacation, if the decision is made.  This time, I'll be sure to get in lots of swim time. I'm going to keep that muscle mass up if it kills me! Speaking of which, my girls start their swim lessons this Saturday. Indy wants to swim rather than dance, so we'll just keep going until she doesn't want to anymore (I'd love to have a life/rescue swimmer before it's all said and done).

Finally, my family has been visiting a new church. One Sunday, the youth coordinator asked my daughter and I if we would help with the Kid's Church ministry. Although I'm not going to be teaching, we will be spending an hour on Sundays with the babies. Z is so psyched and I'm hoping it will help with future babysitting details. She's eager to start making money for herself. I felt this was a positive way to move her into that direction. Fingers crossed!

Reply to this post

Post a Comment