Robbing Peter to Pay Paul

This is something I would never advise anyone to do and, up until a short while ago, I would never have done myself. With our finances being much more limited than before, I find myself doing this whole borrowing from one area to pay for another. Thankfully, only one credit card is involved, but I don't like where the process could lead.

When my ultrasound came up, I wanted to pay for it flat-out. Our flex spending account would be refilled but not in time for the appointment. I also found out that what would have been $238 dollars was discounted to $152 if paid the day of service. I had to come up with the money.

I had the cash that I've been saving up for my trip in the fall. Hubby was like, "Just use that and pay yourself back later." It's great in theory, but never works in real life. I owe myself around $300 as it is and I'm getting no closer to settling my leger. This has got to stop! Thankfully, dance is nearly over (but they're going to wriggle another $200 out of me before the year is out) and I've already started paying off Cheer for next year. In the midst of all that, I decided to buy hubby an anniversary present. It's a big anniversary, otherwise I would have just let it pass on by.

Things remembered had a crystal flask (15th anniversary is crystal, by the way) and I had it engraved with his name, the anniversary we're celebrating and our wedding date.  My hope is that he'll take it out of the box and actually use it. My goal is to purchase  a bottle of Crown for him to add to the bottle, thus forcing him to use it. The price was great before the engraving. I ended up spending a lot more than I wanted to, but I'm really happy with the choice. This straps me a bit for paying dance fees and pictures next week. Will I borrow again from Peter? I'm really hoping I don't have to.

My next pay day is April 11th. If everything goes the way I want it to, I can pay off everything and still have enough to tide me over until the next check. It's amazing that I'm doing as well as I am with the pay-cut I took. I often wonder about what I would be doing with my former paycheck (still depositing most of it into savings, I gather). Hubby keeps saying we have things we could sell and I know I need to change my thought process around that. I will spend some time looking around for things to off-load so that Peter and Paul get paid off quickly.

Reply to this post

Post a Comment